Elixir, a liquid that people believe has magic powers, for example the ability to make you live for ever. Snake oil, something useless that someone tries to sell you or make you believe is good. Tonic is a medicine that claims to make patients feel stronger more energetic and generally healthier.
Tonic Herbs Are
Tonics herbs are the highest and most sought-after herbal remedies in many traditional systems of healing, such as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Ayurveda. These herbs nourish specific cells, tissues, organs, and the whole individual, and are often used for long periods of time.
These remedies help focus and call forth the biogenetic potential or vitality of the individual for use such as supporting the immune system, nerve function or hormonal system. Tonics are very gentle and slow stimulants, and they provide nutrients that the body can use, such as vitamins, minerals, and many other constituents like plant pigments, such as anthocyanins or flavonoids. Large quantities can be given without harm of overstressing cells, tissues, organs or body systems. - Christopher Hobbs Master Herbalist http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/amazonherbs.htm
Bidirectional and multidirectional herbs are called tonics; they are capable of both increasing and decreasing the activity of body systems, thus restoring and maintaining balance, naturally. Tonics do not over-stimulate the body.
The medical community is aware of the fact that many [I believe all] diseases are preventable by simply maintaining optimum health in all body systems. The emphasis must shift from *treating disease to increasing the body’s natural defense and restorative abilities. The “business of disease” is extremely profitable; the medical community is neither ready nor willing to consider change.
Herbal Tonics should be able to:
- Restore and maintain balance, throughout all of the body systems.
- Able to increase energy through normal metabolic means, not artificially.
- Increase general, overall resistance to infections of all kinds fortifying immune system.
- Decrease effects of stress and anxiety enhancing ability to perform, to rest and sleep.
- Protect from free-radical damage; good antioxidant activity.
- Increase the body's ability to build muscle and/or lose weight through burning calories.
- Regulate digestion processes.
- Ability to strengthen the heart; to reduce cholesterol, blood pressure; blood’s ability to clot in balance.
- Target the liver, kidneys, and other glands related to blood-purifying.
- Address the lower bowel; run more if constipated/ less if diarrhea. It’s hard to imagine something that fight’s both at once, there are tonic herbs that do that, naturally. http://www.jctonic.com/include/whatistonicherb.htm
This is not medicine or medical advice. Consult your health-care provider for the diagnosis and treatment of all medical concerns and before taking nutritional supplements. Nutritional supplements may react adversely with over-the-counter and prescription drugs.
For Good Health, Naturally The TONIC Nutritional Garlic Supplement contains: Garlic; Lemons; Apple Cider Vinegar
The TONIC Nutritional Garlic Supplement is made from the original centuries-old recipe first given to prevent colds and flu. Containing concentrated amounts of garlic formulated to deliver maximum benefits with absolutely no unpleasantness. Garlic is a scientifically proven panacea for the human body.